I love getting the most bang for my buck when I workout. Ain’t nobody got time for endless hours in the gym. I posted earlier on the Facebook page that if you have to spend more than an hour working out, in order to get or be fit and strong, it’s probably because you out eat your training. Out eating your training is very easy to do in today’s world of convenient, modified, enhanced and engineered foods that are succulent on the taste buds. And don’t get me started on how much alcohol we consume and call it “social drinking.”
People ask me “Alisa, I need a workout plan I can stick to. Can you help me?” I say, do yourself a favor and practice this Revelation revolutionary philosophy of fitness;
Eat some, move some and not too much of both.
To get the most out of my time in the gym I practice a lot of mulit-joint and multi-planar movements. Applying this type of movement theory is like killing many birds with one stone; strength, agility, balance and cardiovascular training.The only loop-hole is that you MUST have a strong sense and engagement of your core (a.k.a. transverse abdominal) in order to execute and receive the greatest return on your investment with the least amount of risk.
If you need the basics on core training, check out our BUTTS & GUTSvideo.
This is one of my FAVORITE mulit-joint, metabolic exercises!
EXERCISE OF THE WEEK: The Sword Draw
1. With a tall spine, engaging your core, take a wider than shoulder width stance. With or without weights on hips, pick up your heels and pivot to the left.
2. INHALE: Bending both knees, lower down to the bottom of a lunge to the left.
3. Keep your spine long, core engaged as you reach the right hand down towards the ground.
4. EXHALE:Then pick up heels and pivot back to center to a wide tall stance.
5. Rotate at the waist, bringing right hand back up to the waist.
6. For added intensity reach it all the way up to the sky like you are drawing a sword upward. (Repeat 10-20x. Do other leg)
WORK IT IN: Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
WORK IT OUT:
This is going to be my workout tomorrow morning! Let me know how it goes when (there’s no if’s) you give it a try!
On a final note..if you have ever thought about the possibility of becoming a Revelation Wellness Instructor and starting a revolution in your community, please consider attending my LIVE Q&A call next Wednesday at 4pm Pacific Time. Call 605-475-4700access code 1053090# and let me hear your questions!
My one question for you is this: Are you ready to live your best life and help others do so too? Then let’s talk!